Thursday, March 31, 2005

I can't say what I want to, even if I'm just kidding!

It's funny how when you start a site like this (especially like this, actually), you do it with the best intentions. My sole objective was just to poke fun at things I found stupid, but alas, when I get going on something it turns out quite mean and becomes rather hard to illustrate how I actually don't care much at all about the topic. And as a result, I've managed to hurt and anger quite a few people along the way.

So as of today, I give up. Stupid Chronicles will be updated no more after this post, and I'm shutting down the forum.

Why? Because I've discovered hatred breeds hatred. Back when I was pretty much the only one looking at this site, it was fine. I could sit back and do self-analyization. But then, one night I gave this site addy to a friend of mine... And that's where everything went to shit.

It's sad how whenever I post something mean here, people just jump on the bandwagon and agree without ever really thinking about it. It's like hate is the cool thing nowadays...

I've had enough of it. The people I offended with the suicide post are people that I'd ordinarily never dream of hurting, and to them, I apologize. It was an unwarranted act on my part to have written that, and I regret having done so. All the subsequent backtalk I gave in the comments section was a farce; I didn't mean any of it, and to be honest, I have no idea why I wrote it.

You're probably looking at the date right now and thinking "ha, he's joking." Yeah, I admit, the timing of this post is a bit odd. I meant to do it yesterday after having somewhat of an epiphany a couple nights ago, but I was sick and it literally hurt to sit up (one of those 24 hour things, thank God). And I'll be gone Saturday, and at work on Sunday night, so yeah... Just one of those unfortunately timed events. It's just a coincidence, and there's no way in hell I'm waiting until Monday so all you people can jump all over me the following day at school.

The only good thing to have ever come from this page was the post on Groff. And for that reason, I'll leave this site up.

So that pretty much covers it I guess. Hate mongering isn't something I ever wanted to or intended to do here. As I said in the forum, "this is just a caricature of myself". Sadly, people have begun to think this is the real me, and I've had enough of it. I'm not going to ruin my own good name through some damn blog.

Farewell all.

- Chris